Women & Theatre is looking for an experienced Sound/ Music Artist based in the West Midlands, to collaborate on our Women in Lockdown project, funded by Arts Council England. They must have an interest in working with communities, collaborative songwriting and producing sound work remotely.
Women in Lockdown:
Developed from research, Women in Lockdown will be an ambitious online community production involving women across Birmingham & the Black Country, sharing authentic accounts of the impact of social isolation on women in this unique period of History.
We will work with freelance artists and a community cast to develop diverse accounts of lockdown into a moving and memorable ensemble piece using monologues and songs recorded in isolation. This will be broadcast across different social media channels, reaching wide digital audiences.
The Sound Designer role will involve:
- Working with community performers, W&T staff and a freelance Film maker/ Video artist.
- Collaborative planning activity to develop a shared vision of the creative process & final piece.
- Working with the community cast and creative team to devise & rehearse songs.
- Attending rehearsals & being responsible for sound recording activity (songs & monologues) via Zoom (or similar).
- Producing original composition inspired by project research & new music to support songs written by community cast.
- Producing soundscape for performance made up of recorded monologues, songs & own composition.
- Working alongside the Film maker/ Video Artist & the rest of the creative team, to edit & complete the final piece.
May 2020: Research
June 2020: R&D Session/s, script writing & sound design work begins
July – Aug: Rehearsal & Recording Sessions (some group, some 1-to-1)
Sept: Final recordings & editing; Broadcast/s – including live cast preview
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email a CV, covering letter explaining your interest and links to your work by Monday 1 June 2020 to email@example.com. Interviews will take place on Thursday 4 June 2020 via Zoom.
Women & Theatre is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.